Values n' Life

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Persistence, Never Giving Up

I saw a little girl the other day trying to walk. Each time she brings out one chubby foot she looses balance and ends up on the floor. She tried one time and fell so hard that she hit her elbow on the tiled floor. The expression on her face changed and I actually thought she was going to cry but before I could get to her, she got up and stood up to try again. This time she move her leg, though unstable, she stood for a while before she fell. She then turned and looked at me with a smile on her face. I sat back and gave her a smile for a job well done.
That little girl's persistence got me thinking. If I fall or fail would I get up and try again or would I sit on the floor and cry, feeling sorry for myself?
I turned to look at the little girl again, this time she was trying to reach a tea cup on the tea table. I smiled and got up to move it from her reach. She frowned at me, then crawled to the sofa and started climbing.
Persistence, never giving up.
Henry Ford did not get it all right the first time he tried to get a car started and computers would not have been invented if someone didn’t keep at it?
These all had to exhibit immense persistence, why should I exhibit any less?
Success is not measured by how many times we fall but by how many times we get up again. There will always be times when I fail but if I take these failures as opportunities to start again more brilliantly, then and only then will failure be the driving force for success.
I believe that there are so many opportunities and possibilities to explore, so this new year, I'd stop worrying about my shortcomings and disappointments. I'd explore and keep on keeping on.
Tags: , ,




4 Comments:

  • I bet you must have read my mind before writing this post cus I will never give up until I become a firstclass barister no matter the years of study involved and hardwork.I must persist.

    By Blogger Dinma, at 11:38 AM  

  • what an encouraging post Ebun!

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 6:17 PM  

  • Before you persist, be sure it's on the right thing or you are better off giving up the first time failure warns you that you are on the wrong side of the road.

    By Blogger Vessel of Mercy, at 4:37 AM  

  • Thanks Keshi, for visiting. Faithfuul, thank you too. I be sure to pray about my undertakings.
    God bless.

    By Blogger Ebun, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home